Scholarship and Grant Information for both the AISES-CPC scholarships and other organizations
AISES Colorado Professional Chapter Scholarship Information
The AISES Colorado Professional Chapter will be awarding two scholarships in the Spring of 2001 for the 2000-2001 school year. For further information (including the scholarship form itself), click here. The following is the eligibility criteria that will determine the award recipient.
- Field of study - hard sciences, engineering, mathematics, or business
- College level: Sophomore level (minimum)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official Transcript from your respective College/University
- Proof of enrollment/CIB - student must be 1/4 Indian from a federally recognized tribe
- Current member of AISES
- Essay - May address hardships encountered, career aspirations, and leadership/extra-curricular activities. Or you may answer three of the six questions in the Scholarship Form Please keep responses under two typed pages. The Scholarship committee will consider your essay (or three answers) strongly and not entirely on your GPA.
- Amount - 1 time $400 award (2)
- Area specific: The first award will be offered to a Colorado student. The second award will be offered to a student from the Rocky Mountain region (ND, SD, WY, UT, and CO).
- Scholarship Application must be completed and returned by March 16 2001.
- Washington, D.C. --- Nomination guidelines and forms for the second year of the Gates Millennium Scholars awards are now available. Educators and community leaders are invited to identify and nominate outstanding students with high academic achievement, leadership potential and demonstrated financial need. Nominators must act in their personal capacity; institutional nominations will not be accepted. The deadline for receipt of materials is February 1, 2001. Funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) was established in 1999 to provide African Americans, American Indians/Alaska Natives, Asian Pacific Americans, and Hispanic Americans with an opportunity to complete a college education. The goal of the GMS is to promote academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for thousands of outstanding students with significant financial need, particularly those intending to study mathematics, science, engineering, education or library science, to reach their fullest potential. In addition to increasing access to higher education for individuals from groups that have traditionally and historically been denied or discouraged from pursuing this path, GMS provides opportunities for scholars to prepare for leadership roles in their professions and in their communities. During its inaugural year (academic year 2000-2001),
The Gates Millennium Scholars selected more than 4,000 Scholars who are attending 937 colleges and universities of their choice at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In the 2001-2002 academic year, only degree-seeking students entering a college or university as freshmen on a full-time basis, and who meet the GMS selection criteria, will be considered for scholarships. Individuals are eligible to be nominated as Gates Millennium Scholars if they: -- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific American or Hispanic American; -- Are citizens/legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States; -- Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.30 on a 4.0 scale; -- Will enter an accredited college or university as full-time, degree-seeking freshmen in the fall of 2001; -- Have significant demonstrated financial need as defined by Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria; and -- Have demonstrated leadership commitment through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities that reflect leadership abilities.
Los Angeles Lakers are the current NBA champions. They are just behind Boston Celtics, their longtime rivals, in terms of total championships. Lakers have won 16 championships so far and are considered to be one of the best basketball teams in the world. They have broken many sporting records since they started playing in 1946. In addition to the NBA championships, they have also won 32 division titles and 31 conference titles. All of their home games are hosted at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. We feature all sorts of NBA Finals Los Angeles Lakers Tickets ranging from premium seats to extremely affordable deals. Grab your tickets now!.